Just get out and do it.

Welcome to my blog, Garden for Your Life! This site will be mostly about my garden, but you can build one just like it in your back yard too. It can be bigger or smaller, just get out and do it. You can do it for fun. Your can do it for your health. You can do it for fresh food in these troubled times. The point is to get out and do it for whatever reason that you need.

Over time I will cover topics like canning and preserving your harvest, soil and beds, bugs, what to plant and when, and much more.

I've been working on this garden on mine and improving on it for over five years now. I will continue doing that for many more. You can too, just get out and do it.

Ken

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Garden is in!


Howdy, All!

Well spring has sprung here in SE Texas.  The rain has let up long enough for my beds to dry out and be worked, so worked they are!  That fresh tilled soil looks so pretty.



A word on fences. Protect your gardens from the critters!  Make sure that they are  strong enough to repel your likely invaders.  I had to totally redo my strawberry bed when a dawg got under the flimsy fence that I had and dug up them all but a few that I could salvage and re-pot for planting.
She denies it of course, but she got caught in the act. Off she goes to protect the quail, yeah right.


Now its time to plant the plants,  Strawberries, peppers sweet and hot ones, small red and yellow pear tomato's, Roma tomato's,  and corn. 






Yummy looking and after a week all are growing great!

Ken

1 comment: