Just get out and do it.

Welcome to my blog, Garden for Your Life! This site will be mostly about my garden, but you can build one just like it in your back yard too. It can be bigger or smaller, just get out and do it. You can do it for fun. Your can do it for your health. You can do it for fresh food in these troubled times. The point is to get out and do it for whatever reason that you need.

Over time I will cover topics like canning and preserving your harvest, soil and beds, bugs, what to plant and when, and much more.

I've been working on this garden on mine and improving on it for over five years now. I will continue doing that for many more. You can too, just get out and do it.

Ken

Monday, August 26, 2013

Cookieeeeeeeee!

I love cookies!  Chocolate chip and sugar cookies are my favorite.  Lets make some sugar cookies with dried blueberries and cranberries in them.  First the ingredients.

3 cups of pastry flour. I prefer the finer flour as it makes a lighter cookie.
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter, not that margarine plastic stuff.
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 baking powder
nuts, dried fruit as you like.

Secret ingredient, a tablespoon or so of honey.  I think it adds a great taste to the cookie.

Heat oven to 375 and line your pans with parchment paper.  Makes clean up real easy.

Combine the soft butter and sugar together till its nice and creamy.  Then add vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, honey, and egg. stir together well.  Mix in the flour in a cup at a time till well mixed. Add any nuts or fruit and your ready to bake. 


I use a melon baller to scoop out my dough and put it on my pans.  It helps make them all an even size.  Bake for 10 min.  Cool on a rack or just paper towels like I do.






Sooooo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment