Just get out and do it.

Welcome to my blog, Garden for Your Life! This site will be mostly about my garden, but you can build one just like it in your back yard too. It can be bigger or smaller, just get out and do it. You can do it for fun. Your can do it for your health. You can do it for fresh food in these troubled times. The point is to get out and do it for whatever reason that you need.

Over time I will cover topics like canning and preserving your harvest, soil and beds, bugs, what to plant and when, and much more.

I've been working on this garden on mine and improving on it for over five years now. I will continue doing that for many more. You can too, just get out and do it.

Ken

Saturday, April 26, 2014

It's all growing!

Well so far so good! My garden is all in, except the sweet potatoes, and growing great!  Those beds with very little showing are now covered.  Time to trim my trees and mulch the beds with them.  Here's the pics!



Leaf crops for the bunnies to the right and left.  turnip, collards, kale, and mustard.  In the back summer squash and spaghetti squash.  Those squash doubled in size over the last couple of days.

I just love the roma tomato's.  



Lots of berries on my blackberries

18 green peppers setting fruit!


My potatoes are racing my beans down the middle for the sky.  Some of the beans in the far bed are picking up the pace.  Just beans in my sweet potato bed.  Burpee can't look at real time conditions and send the dang things.

My black and copper Marans chillin after grazing through the grass.


3 comments:

  1. Looking real good, Ken! I wish my garden looked half as good as yours! A quarter even! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! You've done a lot with your space!! How are things coming along now? Hope you're having a lot of success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's doing great and I'm harvesting a lot of stuff, except my summer squash. A squash vine borer got them. And some of my spaghetti squash. I did kill that borer. I'll replant in a month as my plants will be out of the life cycle for the year, I hope. I had four roosters in that straight run of Marans. They began crowing so they became roasters. Right now I have more rabbits than ever. Whisper had four, that appears to be here usual. Pepper had 11 but one died. She's a champ mother as she had nine last time too. All are doing great.

    ReplyDelete