Just get out and do it.

Welcome to my blog, Garden for Your Life! This site will be mostly about my garden, but you can build one just like it in your back yard too. It can be bigger or smaller, just get out and do it. You can do it for fun. Your can do it for your health. You can do it for fresh food in these troubled times. The point is to get out and do it for whatever reason that you need.

Over time I will cover topics like canning and preserving your harvest, soil and beds, bugs, what to plant and when, and much more.

I've been working on this garden on mine and improving on it for over five years now. I will continue doing that for many more. You can too, just get out and do it.

Ken

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

New season!

Howdy y'all

Well a new spring season of planting has begun here on SE Texas.  I'm in the process of amending all my beds to include Mel's mix from Square Foot Gardening.  So far I've finished 5 and a half beds.  The other half of the bed is a permanent herb bed so I can't do much with that one since its already planted with herbs.  My two other long beds have onions/garlic in one and veggies in the other.  both will be harvested next week and finished with Mel's mix.  Next I'll be making two 8 foot beds next to the gate.  All told I'll have 400 square feet of gardens!  I'm loving it, but tired.

Well, here's the pictures of what's going on around here.


A big 12 foot bed of Green peppers.


My Potato and bean beds.  The two far beds will have potatoes with beans
down the middle.  The other two beds will have Sweet Potatoes.


Hot Peppers!  L > R  Jalapeño, Cayenne, and Serrano!


Onions and Garlic.

Winter veggies for the rabbits.  Ready to clean out and redo.  This will
be my Roma tomato bed this year.  

My rain water bins.  275 gallons each.

Got a few Babies!

Pepper Had 10! of these cuties.  5 weeks old here.

Lori just loves holding them. 








2 comments:

  1. Replies

    1. Thank you! I'll post again after these couple of days of rain get through. All my garden is up except my sweet potato beds. I'm still waiting for the slips to arrive so I can plant them. on New season!

      Delete